Wednesday, September 23, 2026
I will never forget this photo! It was taken on the first day of kindergarten in September of 2007. It was an exciting and daunting time, because this was Mattie's first experience being gone from home for half of the day. I snapped this photo to commemorate the occasion and I was hoping to capture every first day of school in the future, to be able to compare them throughout the years. Of course that never happened, because the next year Mattie was undergoing cancer treatment.
Quote of the day: Don’t mistake exhaustion for weakness. Sometimes the strongest thing you can do is rest, and let your roots deepen unseen. ~ Lawrence Nault
When I became separated, I had the opportunity to talk to Dave on the phone. I admit I was distraught. He tried to put things into perspective for me. First, he asked, do I really want to be with someone who doesn't value me? But then he said, his divorce was the best thing that happened to him, because it allowed him to eventually find his second wife and life partner. Together they built a fulfilling and beautiful life together. What he said to me, remains with me today. When I heard that he died, I sent a message to his wife, because I wanted her to know the extent of our conversation back in 2023, as I thought she needed to know that she was the best thing that happened to him and his life.
It was another 5:30am rising today, as Bob my electrician was coming back to rewire my kitchen lights. This is day two of this process. As I said to Bob tonight..... and then there was light!I received this beautiful hand crafted teapot card in the mail today, from my friend in England. We share a similar nightmare and in the card was a tea bag. She said if we were together, we would sit, have a cup of tea and a good "old natter."
In addition to everything else, I had to take my parents to the hospital today for their 10am doctor appointments. The stress of trying to get both of them up and out the door in time, is a lot, while also balancing Bob. But I did it. By 4pm, I felt depleted, had a sore throat, and couldn't keep my head up. So I did what I never do! I went upstairs to my bed, sat on the bed with a heating pad, and fell asleep for an hour. Physically and emotionally I needed to regroup.



No comments:
Post a Comment