Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

May 3, 2019

Friday, May 3, 2019

Friday, May 3, 2019

Tonight's picture was taken in May of 2008. Mattie was in kindergarten. It was a Friday, Mattie came home from school and Peter got off of work early. So we took Mattie on a Potomac River Cruise. A first, and he loved it! I still remember the boat's name... the Matthew Hayes. We all got a chuckle at that, since Mattie felt he and boat shared a name. While sailing, a fellow passenger offered to take a photo of us. Which I am glad he did, as photo documentation is so important to us now! Whenever I walk Sunny down by the river and see the Matthew Hayes sailing by, I think of the Friday afternoon captured in this photo. 


Quote of the day: Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. ~ Vincent Van Gogh


The highlight of my day was meeting two of my friends for lunch and celebrating a friend's birthday! I introduced them to a new restaurant and then after lunch, we walked two stores down to a bakery for cupcakes. I have known these two friends for quite some time, because we met at Mattie's preschool. I find it noteworthy that most of my friends from preschool still are in my life, and not only are we friends, but they are instrumental to the success of our Walk. I had no idea in 2005, when Mattie started preschool, that we would all be connected 14 years later. One of the many gifts Mattie left me. 


Today's Mattie Miracle Walk fundraising thermometer 
reads........... $84,749.
We are at 85% of our goal!

No comments: