Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

December 15, 2020

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tonight's picture was taken in December of 2005. That year we took Mattie to Boston for Christmas. When we saw snow outside, we decided to take Mattie outside to try sledding. Mattie had no intention of going on a sled alone, but with Peter next to him, he was willing to try it. Mattie loved it, and unlike me he loved adventure and the sensation of movement. 


Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins.

  • number of people diagnosed with the virus: 16,651,589
  • number of people who died from the virus: 302,689


Want to know what my highlight is this holiday season? It is stopping work at 6:30pm or 7pm for the day and having dinner with Peter and also watching a Christmas movie. I don't mean current movies, I mean the holiday classics. 

I am sure if I polled any teenager today they wouldn't have the foggiest notion of any of the movies I have listed tonight. But to me no December is complete without them! 
I know sometimes my readers check out movies or TV series I write about. All I can say is if you haven't seen any one of these movies, stop and make the time. I view watching one of them as my escape from the reality we are living in which includes never ending lock downs and my commuting back and forth to Los Angeles. 
This maybe one of my favorite holiday movies. Could be because I am a Cary Grant fan. But I absolutely love the message within the movie, which could be applied to all of us. We are all busy, but it is important to appreciate the gifts in front of us and not to take them for granted. 
Peter's favorite. Ironically until I met Peter, I never saw this movie before. One of my favorite lines from the movie...... "Dear George, remember no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence."













A classic which I grew up watching. I remember watching this movie with my grandmother. We both loved it. The funny part about this is years later while going to high school in Los Angeles, in my graduating class was Natalie Wood's daughter. 

Tonight's movie! 


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm so with you on the holiday movies! Steve and my favorite movie is It's A Wonderful Life--I've watched it twice this week, in fact! I also love Meet Me in St. Louis with Judy Garland, White Christmas, and the Bells of St. Mary. I haven't watched Going My Way but I'll check it out!

Cheryl

Cheryl said...

I just realized that Holiday Inn is the same movie that I count as White Christmas. I love this movie!