Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

November 25, 2018

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Tonight's picture was taken in November of 2002. Mattie was 7 months old. This is a favorite fall photo of mine. Behind us is an oak tree. This tree has great significance to me because when Mattie entered preschool, he started to collect tent moth caterpillars in the spring. He would bring them home from school, we would put them in jars, and feed them until they spun a cocoon and transformed into moths. We then released them on our deck. But what we quickly learned was that these caterpillars only ate oak leaves. This is the only oak around our home. So this tree became very special part of our spring caterpillar tradition. 


Quote of the day: To make profound changes in your life you need either inspiration or desperation. ~ Tony Robbins


Peter and I went out shopping today. When we got back into our car, Peter told me to look next to us. When I did, I wasn't prepared to see this! Two dogs in the front seat. Honestly they looked like they were ready to drive!!! Each dog looking out the window, with the driving dog sitting up straight and the passenger dog just sitting back and relaxing. To me this was the photo of the day! It made me laugh. 

Since we got Sunny two years ago, I am very tuned into other dogs around me and their behavior. Not sure why I wasn't prior to Sunny coming into our lives, but I think dogs are very special creatures. They are emotional, bright, appreciative, and loving. 

At the moment, I am cooking our own Thanksgiving dinner at home. Since we were away for Thanksgiving, we missed having our own turkey and left overs. As soon as Sunny came back home from his walk, he was very interested in the smells coming from the kitchen. Sunny is an important part of our family and of course he will be getting some turkey tonight. 

No comments: