Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

December 24, 2021

Friday, December 24, 2021

Friday, December 24, 2021

Tonight's picture was taken on December 24, 2008. That day our friend Ed came over dressed as Santa Claus. He delivered gifts to Mattie and since Mattie did not know Ed, he truly thought this was truly a visit from Santa. I remember this moment in time like it were yesterday and Ed gave us memories from that day that will last forever. Unfortunately both Mattie and Ed died from cancer. 






Quote of the day: Today's coronavirus update from Johns Hopkins

  • Number of people diagnosed with the virus: 51,927,088
  • Number of people who died from the virus: 816,330


We had a visit from my friend Ann and her aunt Helen today. They brought us a whole box full of homemade cookies and breads, and gifts. Their visit perked us up and lightened the morning. After their visit, our doorbell rang. It was our neighbor Judi. She came to deliver us a box of See's candy. Which is a California based company, and one of my favorites. Judi came in and sat with us for about 90 minutes and it truly added some holiday cheer and broke up the usual routine for me. 

To my surprise, we received two gifts from FH Furr. You maybe asking who is that? FH Furr is the company who provides us with electrical, plumbing, and HVAC service. Given the immense issues we have had with the house, FH Furr has practically lived at our house for MONTHS. Their CEO, Jesse Furr sent us two gifts today. One could say..... well you spent enough money with them, so these gifts shouldn't be a surprise. But I don't take that attitude. Instead, I look at these gifts as an indication of the type of company that it is, which is one that values its customers and cares about the services they deliver. I am thrilled we are connected with FH Furr and I am grateful for their in-kind contributions to Mattie Miracle as well!
Inside the box are forever roses, meaning made of silk.
They also sent us a tower of chocolate truffles! Being a big chocolate fan, this tower makes me smile. I plan on serving it to our Christmas guests tomorrow. 
In addition to my usual routine and tasks, I have been cooking all week for Christmas. I had to take it day by day, otherwise, there would be NO WAY I could do this all in one day. Peter and I made a coconut layer cake together today for Christmas. Of course in addition to Christmas dinner, there is Christmas Eve dinner to make. I feel like I haven't left the kitchen all day. I need an elf or two to be shipped directly to my doorstep. 



No comments: