Mattie Miracle Walk 2023 was a $131,249 success!

Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Promotional Video

Thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive!

Dear Mattie Blog Readers,

It means a great deal to us that you take the time to write to us and to share your thoughts, feelings, and reflections on Mattie's battle and death. Your messages are very meaningful to us and help support us through very challenging times. To you we are forever grateful. As my readers know, I promised to write the blog for a year after Mattie's death, which would mean that I could technically stop writing on September 9, 2010. However, at the moment, I feel like our journey with grief still needs to be processed and fortunately I have a willing support network still committed to reading. Therefore, the blog continues on. If I should find the need to stop writing, I assure you I will give you advanced notice. In the mean time, thank you for reading, thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us, and most importantly thank you for keeping Mattie's memory alive.


As Mattie would say, Ooga Booga (meaning, I LOVE YOU)! Vicki and Peter



The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation celebrates its 7th anniversary!

The Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation was created in the honor of Mattie.

We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity. We are dedicated to increasing childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support services to children, their families and medical personnel. Children and their families will be supported throughout the cancer treatment journey, to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care, and to enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives. Please visit the website at: www.mattiemiracle.com and take some time to explore the site.

We have only gotten this far because of people like yourself, who have supported us through thick and thin. So thank you for your continued support and caring, and remember:

.... Let's Make the Miracle Happen and Stomp Out Childhood Cancer!

A Remembrance Video of Mattie

July 10, 2022

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Tonight's picture was taken in July of 2004. Mattie was two years old and that day we took him to Jockey's Ridge State Park. This park has the tallest active sand dune in the Eastern US. As you can see Mattie was excited about this adventure, so much so that he was trying to drag me up the  dune. Peter was snapping photos, but Mattie did not want to stop and pose. 


Quote of the day: Just as despair can come to one only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.Elie Weisel


If it were up to me, our basement would continue to look like this! Since my parents moved in (December 2021), Peter has been chipping away at boxes and bins in the basement. THANKFULLY, otherwise the basement would remain a warehouse! I just don't have the energy or patience to tackle this. Today however, I decided to go down with Peter to work on this! 
Is it just me, or do you find this sight overwhelming? Honestly I am lucky I got the first two floors functioning in the house. I have to take a photo of what the basement currently looks like. It is certainly better than this, but I have a LONG way to go! 
Peter and I went through many boxes and bins today and I got everything put away that we unpacked. But that further wore me out, and I don't need any help. 
The highlight of today was a friend sent me this photo! He and his family went to Barrel Oak Winery in Delaplane, VA. This Winery has been a raffle sponsor of Mattie Miracle's for over 7 years. What I did not realize is that the Winery has my thank you note framed and in glass on display at the Winery. How do you like that? I was touched by this and one day I will visit this Winery personally. I am very grateful for Barrel Oak's continued donations and support, which enables us to raise money and meet our financial goal each year. 



No comments: